Thursday, January 4, 2007

Ah the Glories of a Notre Dame loss

It's been quite a while since the last blog post (a few weeks, I guess), but I couldn't think of a better way to start off the new year by celebrating over Notre Dame's loss to the LSU Tigers on national TV. Now, for the record, I despise Notre Dame football, as any red blooded American does. Mostly its the media hype and overratedness (is that a word? Well it is now). The Fighting Irish can be 6-5 and some yahoo will wonder if the BCS will be interested. Well, pah!

Also it was a bit more fun because I predicted LSU would win by at least 2 TDs and then got yelled at by ND fans, so I wanted LSU to save my ass. It was nerve racking for a while... 14-14 as ND was getting going, but LSU warmed my heart and rolled off enough points that Notre Dame may have post-traumatic stress disorder if they find themselves bowl eligible next year.

Ah, joy. Good bowl season for me so far. My squad (Rutgers) won. Louisville won for the Big East. WVU beat Georgia Tech (good for two reason 1) GO Big East!, 2) I hate Georgia Tech, but not as much as Notre Dame, that isn't possible). USC beat Michigan (shutting up all those who said Michigan deserves another chance) and now this. I don't even care that it was an SEC team beating them.

And, may I also add, Brady Quinn is just a bit overrated. But Jamarcus Russell showed some skills. That performance may be vaulting him up the draft board. It'd be lovely to see Notre Dame's golden boy be denied by Russell again... here's hoping.

No comments: